Friday, March 20, 2009

Group therapy....

Well it was group therapy yesterday... I am paying for it now! I am hurting pretty bad. I like how creative Micah is... everytime we have gone in it has been a different workout. Which is cool. And they usually are something that can be done without an expensive machine, or waiting for a machine. Which at In-Shape that has not been a problem for me. They have a ton of them, everywhere.

All in all, it has been really good... I am excited it was funny, I was at a customers shop a few days ago. And they were like "WOW! have you lost weight." and I was at another place and I kept hearing "you look really good" all the time. Which is really exciting, but also makes me realize that I must have been feeling/looking really bad.

Last night I was at True Campaign:
The True Campaign exists to end the crisis of distorted self image by challenging cultural ideals about identity and beauty, so we can be free to impact our world as God intended... www.truecampaign.org


It was awesome. I really liked it. I feel like I am getting there, not so much about the losing weight, but more about, finding that place where I feel good again. I am getting there. I mean the pain is there and is something to deal with for a long time. But I fell into a depression, not liking myself, not believing in anything, always trying way so hard and feeling just as bad afterward; so why not indulge in the things that did make me feel good. food.

I am a food addict, I really love to eat, I eat when I am full, I eat when I am angry, or upset, I eat whenever there is food around me. I may not be as bad as some, thank God for that, so back off Dr Phil. I didn't realize just how much damage I was doing... the good news is yesterday I was at a meeting and it just didn't go well, so I went out to lunch... but the good news is, it was a salad bar. So, bad for the reasons, but a better choice none-the less...

I tell myself, well it is better than when I was doing... I was a raging alcoholic, a few years ago. But really... is it better, sure in some ways, not as much, but both have the same psychological reasons. Why? Why do I feel this way? Why will I never feel loved enough? Why do I push so hard? Why do I keep doing it, when I know that I shouldn't?

Well the one thing I can tell you is that it is one day at a time. One good choice after another. Don't rush, don't be so hard on myself.

Go Team Visalia!

1 comment:

Stacy Morris said...

Shelley...rock on sister! I love to hear that you are taking it one step at a time. Though your one steps at a time may seem so small, you are an inspiration for so many others to take one step in the right direction also. You are great, you look great and the light of Christ shines through you! Keep it up.

Labels

.cwk (1) 5 alarm (1) abuse (1) adoption (1) alfred hitchcock (1) Alzheimer's (1) appleworks (1) art (3) art council (1) art gallery (3) art in visalia (9) art show (3) art trail (1) art visalia (3) artist (2) arts (1) asparagus fern (1) babies (1) bacon gravy (1) bad day (1) bad food (1) barbecue (1) barbecue stress (1) Barbie (1) bbq (1) bbq stress (1) birds (1) biscuits and gravy (1) BJ's Country Kitchen (1) BJ's Kountry Kitchen (1) blog (2) blogs (2) bought a house (1) breast cancer (2) budget (1) buy it real estate (1) cancer (1) carrie and dale (1) cash (1) cash for clunkers (2) cat (2) cat box (1) cat litter (1) cats (2) Chachies Mango and Peach salsa (1) cheap planter (1) chess (1) chessboard (1) chicken (1) chicken salad recipe (1) chocolate (1) christmas (3) christmas on a budget (2) christmas sales (1) church (1) church visalia (1) cleaning (2) cleaning product review (1) compost (1) confusion (1) contemporary style (1) conversion (1) convert .cwk to .doc (1) convet .cwk to pages (1) cook (1) country gravy (1) coupons (1) craziness (1) credit card (1) credit cards (1) crockpot (1) crossroads (1) dave ramsey (15) dave ramsey christmas (2) day one (1) debt free (4) debt snowball (3) dining room (1) dinner (2) Dinner fiasco (1) dog (1) dolls (1) domestic violence (1) donations (1) drive thru diet (2) dutch modern (1) emeals (2) emealz (2) escrow (1) expressions (1) families (1) fibromyalgia (1) finances (5) financial peace (9) financial peace university (9) fishing theme (1) fixed (1) flour (1) focus (1) food (6) fresh food (3) fresh garlic (1) fresno (1) fresno restaurant review (1) friday fill in (2) frugal (2) fun (1) fun food (1) funny (1) garlic (1) get the keys (1) gift making (1) goals (1) good food (2) green cleaning products (1) gym (3) health food (1) healthy (1) healthy food visalia (1) healthy pancakes (1) hmm 364 (1) holiday (1) home school (1) homemade (2) homemade costume (1) homeschool (1) house cleaning (2) housewife (1) illness (1) in shape (3) inshape (3) inshape city (2) inshape gym (1) insurance (1) jeanine mason donation (1) jesus (1) just for fun (2) kduv (1) kduvfm (1) kentucky gravy (1) kids (2) king arthur (1) king arthur whole wheat (1) king arthur whole wheat pastry flour (1) kings mortgage (1) lack of focus (1) life crisis (1) lion (1) litter maid (1) littermaid (1) living room (1) local art (2) lose weight (3) losing weight (1) Mac (2) mac logicboard (1) mamma's gravy (1) Marine Corp (1) Marines (1) Marriage and money (1) meal planning (3) meals (3) men gifts (1) mental health month (1) mental health visalia (1) menu 4 moms (3) menu planning (5) menus (4) mexican (1) money (4) morning show (1) my favorite costumes so far this year. (1) Nancy Ortiz (1) no more credit (1) online coupons (2) optimism (1) organic food (3) Orosi (1) Osprey (1) pancakes (1) pay attention (1) photohunt submission (1) phrogs (1) pie (1) pie on a stick (1) planter (1) playing (1) positive (1) poster (1) Procrastination (1) progress (1) quiche (1) quotes (1) real country gravy (1) real estate (1) recipe (1) recycle (2) recycled planter (1) recycled potted plant (1) reuse (2) review (1) rosetta (1) run (1) save money (3) school (1) scotch brite never rust soap pads (1) scotch brite never rust soap pads review (1) sick (1) sofa art (1) sofa art visalia (1) spca (1) stained glass (1) strange potato (1) street rat crazy (1) stress (1) summer (1) summer fun (1) swim (1) syrup (1) taco bell (2) talk show (1) teach (1) teaching (1) technology (1) thanksgiving (1) thanksgiving sales (1) the best gravy ever (1) the dog ate the cake (1) treadmill (1) turkey (1) turkey prices (1) turkey visalia (1) United States Marine Corp (1) unnecessary quotes (1) unpacking (1) USMC (1) vacation (1) Vacation bible school visalia (1) vallarta supermarket visalia (1) VBS (1) visalia (24) visalia ca (7) visalia farmers market (1) visalia public works (1) visalia weight loss (1) VMM 264 (1) volunteer (1) VOSPCA (1) walgreens (1) wedding cake (1) weight loss (2) whole wheat pancakes (1) working out (1) yard waste (1) YEAH (1)