Saturday, January 24, 2009

Reality of the kduv in-shape challenge is kicking in.

Reality.. to great.. must have sugar....

Okay so last night I was freaking out a little, I thought just for kicks I would monitor (unofficially) what I was eating. You know cause I have this fantasy that I don't eat that much, and a magical mean little troll with a vengeance against me has not let me "lose all this baby weight". Isn't creating your own reality fun... I like it, no responsibility, no pressure.

Anyhoo, it goes like this.

morning-- 6 cups of coffee cream and sugar = 3 grams of fat, 300 calories (holy rusted metal batman!)
midmorning (had to work) --omelet with tomatoes, cheese, mushrooms, sausage, , 2 cups coffee cream and                                                     sugar= 70 grams of fat, 817 calories

Well so far for breakfast I have had 80% of my daily caloric requirements and surpassed my fat grams, yeah for me, I am an overachiever.

Lunch--- wasn't hungry... could have something to do with waiting till 11am and then eating.... but I had some coffee with cream and sugar...  .1 grams of fat, 150 calories, oh and an orange  thats good right!

dinner--  pasta casserole and meatballs (this is not looking good), and 2 glasses of soda                                                 16 grams of fat and 890 calories

grand total= 19.1 grams of fat and 2157 calories.... oh crud! 

What that's like a day and a half. dang!  That's really frustrating, and really I didn't think I was eating that badly...

Well I know if I go extreme I can get results, but I will probably burn out... I am however going to drop the sugar in my coffee... maybe nearly completely.  I see alot of sugar intake and seems like I am lovin' that fatty food.  I am going to have to find alternatives... 

Lookin at yesterday makes me wonder how it is that I convinced my daughter to eat so much fruit in a day when clearly I don't eat any myself.  This is a big wake up call!  probably worse than seeing myself on video!  And to think I was going to make mama's gravy and light bread this morning.

I think also that I will probably keep my food diary going, probably not on the blog, this was too hard to go public with.  Also I think I am going to make healthy alternatives for my favorites, those I will post here..

thanks for listening

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Shelley -
I can tell that we're going to have some fun together on this In-Shape Challenge. I've enjoyed reading your blog. Congratulations on being selected. I'm looking forward to meeting you at orientation.
Sincerely,
Lisha Hunnicutt (fellow teammate)

Anonymous said...

Shelley,
Congrats on the appointment for change. I will be cheering you on from Woodlake, praying for your steady progression to your goals. (read Psalm 37:4) I know the real Shelley (and Dave) and hope to see them soon.
Those food diaries are brutal aren't they! Ive tried and failed miserably and choose to live in denial of my low fruit/veggies and erratic carb ingestion. Maybe you will inspire me to face the reality of food in my life.
Be blessed and tremendous success on your new venture.
Lets head south again this summer and show off the "New You" to Drew ;-D. YODA

Labels

.cwk (1) 5 alarm (1) abuse (1) adoption (1) alfred hitchcock (1) Alzheimer's (1) appleworks (1) art (3) art council (1) art gallery (3) art in visalia (9) art show (3) art trail (1) art visalia (3) artist (2) arts (1) asparagus fern (1) babies (1) bacon gravy (1) bad day (1) bad food (1) barbecue (1) barbecue stress (1) Barbie (1) bbq (1) bbq stress (1) birds (1) biscuits and gravy (1) BJ's Country Kitchen (1) BJ's Kountry Kitchen (1) blog (2) blogs (2) bought a house (1) breast cancer (2) budget (1) buy it real estate (1) cancer (1) carrie and dale (1) cash (1) cash for clunkers (2) cat (2) cat box (1) cat litter (1) cats (2) Chachies Mango and Peach salsa (1) cheap planter (1) chess (1) chessboard (1) chicken (1) chicken salad recipe (1) chocolate (1) christmas (3) christmas on a budget (2) christmas sales (1) church (1) church visalia (1) cleaning (2) cleaning product review (1) compost (1) confusion (1) contemporary style (1) conversion (1) convert .cwk to .doc (1) convet .cwk to pages (1) cook (1) country gravy (1) coupons (1) craziness (1) credit card (1) credit cards (1) crockpot (1) crossroads (1) dave ramsey (15) dave ramsey christmas (2) day one (1) debt free (4) debt snowball (3) dining room (1) dinner (2) Dinner fiasco (1) dog (1) dolls (1) domestic violence (1) donations (1) drive thru diet (2) dutch modern (1) emeals (2) emealz (2) escrow (1) expressions (1) families (1) fibromyalgia (1) finances (5) financial peace (9) financial peace university (9) fishing theme (1) fixed (1) flour (1) focus (1) food (6) fresh food (3) fresh garlic (1) fresno (1) fresno restaurant review (1) friday fill in (2) frugal (2) fun (1) fun food (1) funny (1) garlic (1) get the keys (1) gift making (1) goals (1) good food (2) green cleaning products (1) gym (3) health food (1) healthy (1) healthy food visalia (1) healthy pancakes (1) hmm 364 (1) holiday (1) home school (1) homemade (2) homemade costume (1) homeschool (1) house cleaning (2) housewife (1) illness (1) in shape (3) inshape (3) inshape city (2) inshape gym (1) insurance (1) jeanine mason donation (1) jesus (1) just for fun (2) kduv (1) kduvfm (1) kentucky gravy (1) kids (2) king arthur (1) king arthur whole wheat (1) king arthur whole wheat pastry flour (1) kings mortgage (1) lack of focus (1) life crisis (1) lion (1) litter maid (1) littermaid (1) living room (1) local art (2) lose weight (3) losing weight (1) Mac (2) mac logicboard (1) mamma's gravy (1) Marine Corp (1) Marines (1) Marriage and money (1) meal planning (3) meals (3) men gifts (1) mental health month (1) mental health visalia (1) menu 4 moms (3) menu planning (5) menus (4) mexican (1) money (4) morning show (1) my favorite costumes so far this year. (1) Nancy Ortiz (1) no more credit (1) online coupons (2) optimism (1) organic food (3) Orosi (1) Osprey (1) pancakes (1) pay attention (1) photohunt submission (1) phrogs (1) pie (1) pie on a stick (1) planter (1) playing (1) positive (1) poster (1) Procrastination (1) progress (1) quiche (1) quotes (1) real country gravy (1) real estate (1) recipe (1) recycle (2) recycled planter (1) recycled potted plant (1) reuse (2) review (1) rosetta (1) run (1) save money (3) school (1) scotch brite never rust soap pads (1) scotch brite never rust soap pads review (1) sick (1) sofa art (1) sofa art visalia (1) spca (1) stained glass (1) strange potato (1) street rat crazy (1) stress (1) summer (1) summer fun (1) swim (1) syrup (1) taco bell (2) talk show (1) teach (1) teaching (1) technology (1) thanksgiving (1) thanksgiving sales (1) the best gravy ever (1) the dog ate the cake (1) treadmill (1) turkey (1) turkey prices (1) turkey visalia (1) United States Marine Corp (1) unnecessary quotes (1) unpacking (1) USMC (1) vacation (1) Vacation bible school visalia (1) vallarta supermarket visalia (1) VBS (1) visalia (24) visalia ca (7) visalia farmers market (1) visalia public works (1) visalia weight loss (1) VMM 264 (1) volunteer (1) VOSPCA (1) walgreens (1) wedding cake (1) weight loss (2) whole wheat pancakes (1) working out (1) yard waste (1) YEAH (1)